Electronics Telecommunication Engineering Program
Electronics Telecommunication Engineering is part of Electronics Engineering Department. This program is also the first in Sumatra holding bachelor of Applied Science (D-IV). In this program, students will master planning design and engineering of telecommunication network and electronics, data communication, radar, antenna planning, multimedia broadcasting, mobile communication, traffic engineering, and telecommunication troubleshooting equipment.
Students during their study are already introduced with CISCO curriculum and CCNA program. Professional Certification Agency (Lembaga Sertifkasi Profesi (LSP)) in 2009 also giving certification for information system and network and programming study program. Alumnus of this program is spread around in various sector from the government, banking, oil and gas company and some run a private enterprise.
“To be a qualified study program that has a global quality and print reliable and quality graduate in Electrical Engineering with Telecommunication special expertise”.
- Organize a Vocational Education System in Electrical Engineering especially Telecommunication which always adapt with the latest Telecommunication Technology development so it can produce Human Resources, Hardware and Services that can compete globally.
- Produce professional labor in Telecommunication in network and wireless nationally and internationally.
- Develop and apply ethic values, religious moral, and academic moral that can produce noble graduate in Telecommunication.
- Develop applied research and community service to serve Telecommunication industry needs that covers human resources, technical consultation, and research.
- Producing graduates that are qualified and can compete globally in Electrical Engineering in Telecommunication specialty.
- Increasing the participation of the society elements to deepen Electronics especially Telecommunication.
- Creating research product in Electronic and Telecommunication which efficient and effective to society and apply Electronic and Telecommunication scholarly by community service to improve society’s welfare.
Teaching and Learning Process :
As one of the Vocational High Education, this study program emphasizes on the ability and practice skill with more portion than theory. The process in laboratory has more portion and being the main focus of main competence to fulfill the industry needs. Lecture system in package with study time start from 07.00-16.00 (8 hours a day) following working hours in industries.
Students Activity :
Other than internal activities, activities in form of interaction with outside parties also held annual routine such as training in ICT for Senior High School/Vocational High School and public. Other activities that are featured by TET students is student day, an annual event in form of community service from student in any sector.
Whereas for lecturer’s research which of course involve students is already done, such as:
- Competitive Research Grants
- First-Year Lecturer Research
- Internal Research
- Community Service
Some research activities and community service is organized from PCR’s internal, KOPERTIS to DIKTI or national. The result of the research has been published in proceeding and journal from national or international.
Study Program Competence:
- Having the ability to design, install, and take care of the telecommunication network (including optic communication, wireline dan wireless).
- Having the ability in maintain and improve of mobile communication and multimedia broadcasting.
- Having the ability in designing and implementation of computer network (LAN dan WAN) based on integrator system in Information and Communication Technologi (ICT).
- Having the ability in the development and maintenance of computer network (LAN dan WAN).